- Tel.: +420 327 515 796, +420 775 363 938
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Barborská Street, Kutná Hora
Regular opening hours
- January and February Tue - Sun 10 AM – 4 PM
- March daily 10 AM – 5 PM
- April - September daily 9 AM – 6 PM
- October daily 10 AM – 5 PM
- November and December* Tue - Sun 10 AM – 4 PM
* the Chapel is closed on 24th of December
When planning a visit to the Chapel, please pay attention to the current exceptions to the opening hours.
Corpus Christi Chapel
- Adults 10 CZK
- Seniors over 65 and students from 15 to 26 10 CZK
- Children from 6 to 15 and the disabled 10 CZK
- Children up to 6 0 CZK
Touring circuit of the St Barbara’s Cathedral: Ground floor and the inner gallery on the upper floor of the Cathedral, the Corpus Christi Chapel
- Adults 120 CZK
- Seniors over 65 and students from 15 to 26 90 CZK
- Children from 6 to 15 and the disabled 50 CZK
- Children up to 6 0 CZK
Discounted triple ticket: Touring circuit of St Barbara’s Cathedral (including the inner galleries and the Corpus Christi Chapel), the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and St John the Baptist and the Church of All Saints (ossuary) in Sedlec
- Adults 220 CZK
- Seniors over 65 and students from 15 to 26 155 CZK
- Children from 6 to 15 and the disabled 130 CZK
- Rental of a booklet about the history
of the chapel (in various languages) free of charge
- If you are interested in a commented tour, please contact us for a quote.
- If you are interested in visiting the chapel outside the regular opening hours, please contact us for a quote.
- If you are interested in holding a wedding ceremony, please contact us.
- Barrier-free toilets can be found in the Information centre next to the Cathedral.
- The Corpus Christi Chapel does not have barrier-free access. Thank you for your understanding.
Renting and research activities
If you are interested in
- organizing a concert or another appropriate cultural event,
- filming a news report, a movie, a radio or television programme,
- taking professional photographs,
- looking for sources and inspiration for your sturdy or scientific work,
in the Chapel, contact us at least two weeks in advance:
- Jaroslav Bouška
- Information centre at the st Barbara’s Cathedral
Tel: +420 327 515 796, +420 775 363 938
The Corpus Christi Chapel stands in close proximity to the Cathedral of St Barbara and has been closely linked to the cathedral since the start of its history. It was established as a so-called charnel, a two-floor cemetery chapel with an ossuary, probably even prior to the start of the neighbouring cathedral‘s construction. The bottom floor was used for the reverent storage of bones, with the upper floor to have been used as a chapel for holding church services for the deceased. However, it is uncertain whether the construction of this building‘s upper floor was ever completed, and it most probably lost its meaning as the completion of the Cathedral of St. Barbara came closer. A cemetery, which was evidently situated on the site of today‘s Jesuit College, was founded along with the chapel.
The chapel served them as an oratory at the time that the Jesuits were active in Kutná Hora. Following the order‘s abolition in 1773, the chapel began to go from one private owner to another, which also resulted in changes in the way it was used. For example, it served as a storehouse for Josef Snížek, a local flour dealer, or later as organ workshop. Naturally, the chapel suffered as a result of these various uses, and was not used at all from the mid-20th century and gradually fell into disrepair. This state of disrepair was so great that it was included on the list of one hundred of the most endangered monuments in the world in the 1990s. A demanding reconstruction to save the chapel took place in 1997 – 2000 thanks to the combined efforts of the city and the Ministry of Culture. As a result, a building modest from the outside, which houses one of the few completely preserved High Gothic interiors in our country, still stands in the immediate vicinity of the magnificent Cathedral of St Barbara.