The exceptions to the opening hours in October
The inner gallery on the upper floor is closed on 2nd and 4th of October.
On Wednesday 3rd of October is St Barbara’s Cathedral CLOSED for the whole day.
On Sunday 14th of October is St Barbara’s Cathedral open from 11:30 am to 6 pm.
On Thursday 25th of October is St Barbara’s Cathedral open only to 5 pm.
Regular church services
The services at St Barbara’s Cathedral are held as follows:
- Every Sunday at 7 AM
- Every Lent Wednesday at 6 PM
- On Easter Day at 9 AM
- On the Feast of Corpus Christi at 9 AM
- On the Royal Silvering of Kutná Hora at 9:30 AM
- Every Advent Wednesday at 6 PM
- On Christmas Day at 9 AM
- On New Year’s Eve at 4 PM
You can find the current programme of church services here (Czech only).
Regular opening hours
- January and February daily 10 AM – 4 PM
- March daily 10 AM – 5 PM
- April to October daily 9 AM – 6 PM
- November and December daily 10 AM – 5 PM
(closed on the 24th of December)
When planning a visit to the Cathedral, please pay attention to the current exceptions to the opening hours.
Touring circuit of the St Barbara’s Cathedral: Ground floor and the inner gallery on the upper floor of the Cathedral, the Corpus Christi Chapel
- Adults 120 CZK
- Seniors over 65 and students from 15 to 26 90 CZK
- Children from 6 to 15 and the disabled 50 CZK
- Children up to 6 0 CZK
Discounted triple ticket: Touring circuit of St Barbara’s Cathedral (including the inner galleries and the Corpus Christi Chapel), the Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and St John the Baptist and the Church of All Saints (ossuary) in Sedlec
- Adults 220 CZK
- Seniors over 65 and students from 15 to 26 155 CZK
- Children from 6 to 15 and the disabled 130 CZK
You can find the price list for 2019 here
- Rental of a booklet about the history
of the Cathedral (in various languages) free of charge
- Rental of an audio guide 40 CZK
- Guided tour in English (booking required) 490 CZK
- If you are interested in visiting the Cathedral outside the regular opening hours, please contact us for a quote.
- Barrier-free toilets can be found in the Information centre next to the Cathedral.
- Only the ground floor of the Cathedral is wheelchair accessible; the staircase to the inner gallery does not allow barrier-free access. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you are interested in holding a wedding ceremony, please contact us.
Renting and research activities
If you are interested in
- organizing a concert or another appropriate cultural event,
- filming a news report, a movie, a radio or television programme,
- taking professional photographs,
- looking for sources and inspiration for your sturdy or scientific work,
in the Cathedral, contact us at least two weeks in advance:
- Jaroslav Bouška
- Information centre at the st Barbara’s Cathedral
Tel: +420 327 515 796, +420 775 363 938